Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 7

Sadly, today was the very last day of Paris. :( Sad day! Brandon left early to attend mass at Notre Dame and I ended up sleeping in until about 9. Due to that, I felt I had to rush through my shower and to pack everything by 10. I then went to check on the girls and found out that the only one that had even showered yet was Jacqueline, so I went downstairs for breakfast and to wait for the other two. It turns out that breakfast actually wasn't free here, so I had to pay 6 euros to eat some crappy bread and drink some OJ haha. Jackqueline and I headed for the mall so that she could grab something for her hair, but the mall ended up being closed. Sad day. :( We then headed straight for the train station to buy tickets, but nobody was at the counter and neither of us had change, forcing us to go into a little restaurant and get change. Actually, the only one who got chance was me...hmm. Anyways, we met up with Ellyse and Kris and then went to the Opera House since it was going to be open for visits today. Once we got there, Kris and Jacqueline paid to go inside whilst Ellyse and I chilled inside of a pretty fancy Starbucks. Afterwards, we all met up again and headed towards the Louvre in order to meet up with Brandon. Surprisingly, this was pretty easy! The line was about a million or two long, so we decided that we would be content simply being in the presence of greatness and stayed outside to admire the architecture. Following this, we wanted to go to the Catacombs since they contain dead people...but we ended up literally being the first people to be turned away! We then proceeded to go find something to eat, which turned out harder than it needed to be. Brandon and I waited in a super long line at McDonalds and when we finally got to the front, I decided that I didn't want McDonalds anymore since we're in Paris, so we got some dessert instead. We all then headed towards a park and proceeded to relax, read everything for our classes, and get a much-needed power nap. It was interesting though, because there were two sections to the park - one had all these French people in it, and the other had us. It's like they were isolating us or something...We then left early to make sure we arrived at the correct bus-station on time, which we did. We sat there for a few hours before boarding, and then slept for a few hours before we hit the ferry to cross the channel. I actually had no idea we were on a boat, and didn't realize it until I was laying down and felt like I was moving side-to-side. Anyway, that was the day! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment