Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 25

Today was Friday and it was thus a free day - one which we took full advantage of in regards to sleeping. Yeah, we all basically chose to relax today. There was a pretty awesome adventure though - I went with Ed, Honi, Amy and Jake to climb Arthur's Seat. Arthur's Seat is basically a moderately sized mountain that only takes a little while to reach the top, but it still takes the wind out of you. We chose to walk around the mountain on the way to the top and the view was spectacular. We all sat down at the very top and relaxed for a while - I got bored of this after a few minutes and decided to wander off on my own. I ended up basically climbing down the mountain until about halfway and then wandering about for a bit. I saw this really cool path down which I decided to take, but then found out that it was practically for professionals and that I shouldn't be on it. I did it anyway. I ended up slipping and sliding for about a good 15 seconds, which was absolutely terrifying. Once I got to the ground, I went back up to meet with everybody and then Ed and I decided we wanted to head back first. We ended up, like idiots, deciding to practically climb straight down the mountain where there was no path whatsoever. Although we succeeded, since I am telling you this, it was a pretty radical experience. We ended up falling down many times, scraping our hands and feet, slipping and pricking our hands on the rough bushes around us. Once we reached the ground, we met up with Alex and Zach and we all headed back together.







I decided to get some sleep pretty early, so after relaxing for a while and just doing whatever on my laptop I went to bed. This was the last full day in Edinburgh! :( I shall miss it dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment