Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 19

Today basically consisted of travelling from Stratford to Edinburgh. The first thing we did was have another all-you-can-eat breakfast. I actually woke up a lot later than anticipated, and thus had to rush through breakfast. It was cool though - I still got to stuff my face. :P We headed into town and stopped at Rydall Mount, which is actually yet another house of good ole Wordsworth. Honestly, the beauty of the garden was absolutely ridiculous. Jacqueline actually knocked down a portrait inside of the house, which was absolutely hilarious. Nate, Dylan and I went on an adventure into the wilderness but came out of it relatively unscathed.




We then proceeded to head back towards the bus, when we suddenly discovered something breathtaking: a cat!

It quickly stole all of our hearts and we fell in love. The cat flew up the tree and played with some birds until the situation changed and the birds taunted it - it then went down and was about to run away...until it came right up to me and let me pet it, followed by everybody else. <3 We all played with it until the bus finally came, when I took it upon myself to pick the cat up for a picture. The cat did not want to be picked up, however, and quickly jumped out of my arms and scratched my clothes. So cute!
After this, we had a pretty darn long bus-ride on the way to Edinburgh. Jake and I, along with Nate and Dylan, all watched Fight Club. I hadn't ever watched it before, so I discovered why so many people (Juan and Anuroop) just loved the movie. We did stop by for lunch, however, and I had some spaghetti.
Edinburgh blew me away - everything is so green and beautiful! The architecture is simply amazing and different from both Paris and London. We arrived and checked into our lodgings - we're staying at the University of Edinburgh in single-room dorms, although we share a bathroom between 6 of us. I amazingly had Nate, Dylan, Honi, and Amy all on the same floor as myself.




Jake, Nate, Dylan, Honi, Amy, Haley, Erin, Jeff, and I all decided that it was a great idea to go grab some dinner and then check out the student bar. We actually didn't have to walk that far, and ended up eating at the Auld Hoose (Old House), which was pretty cheap and great. I had some steak and ale pie and tried some of Jeff's haggis, which was amazing.

We then proceeded to the student bar, but ran into Kean and the gang on the way. We chatted with them for a bit before proceeding, and then found this hilarious saying on a wall...
We then arrived at the student bar and discovered that it's actually 4 bars inside of one building that's similar to the Memorial Union. Okay, America is so lame. We ended up just chilling for a while inside the library-type bar and having a blast talking about life and playing games.
We had decided early on that we really wanted to do karaoke, and thus headed towards a place we believed would be a karaoke place. It ended up being an 80's bar with a separate booking for karaoke and an expensive cover-charge, so we instead set about finding a club to go to. We went up this really long and sketchy staircase and then literally ran into a couple interesting guys who led us to a bar. Jake, Jeff and I ended up staying all night long and dancing with everybody...just let me tell you that nothing is as it seems. Great first day/night in Edinburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment