Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 24

Honestly, today wasn't full of as much excitement as other days have been. The main goal of the day was to go to Holyrood Palace, which is where Mary, Queen of Scots resided during her day. The trek there is pretty awesome because its' over the mountain! I went on this trek along with Nate, Dylan, Ed, Honi, and Amy. Jake decided to leave us behind and went ahead - sad day! Not really, but he did leave us. The mountain is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. I can't even begin to describe the beautiful view of nature as well as the city that I got to take in and the pictures can't either.



The palace itself was, of course, stunning. Everybody else decided to grab a free disk to listen to the history of the place, but I decided that I would simply enjoy its' beauty without distraction. Therefore, I sort of sped through the palace and saw a lot of people along the way. After leaving the palace was where it got the best for me, since that's where the garden lies. As always, the garden is my favorite part.







Afterwards, I headed home by myself and walked really slowly, enjoying the scenery as I went. I actually got confronted by a huge, black dog, and thought I was going to die. I'm not even joking - the dog was huge and its' owner was nowhere in sight. It charged at me and just as I thought all was gone, it ran past me and disappeared. That was by far the most exciting event of the day. Afterwards was class, which was as class always is: arduous. I actually grabbed a BLT prior to class, which was surprisingly fantastic. A whole group got together afterwards to go to the student bar and then head to a jazz bar, but I only went to the student bar with them. Tomorrow is our last night in Edinburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment