Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 21

Today marks exactly 3 weeks since I've started studying abroad. Although I've been having such a blast here, I do miss my friends and family and cannot wait to share all of my adventures with them when I get back!
Having said that, today started with a trip to the Surgeon's Museum. This was very interesting because we got to learn first-hand how it was founded and the fact that it was the oldest in the UK and possibly Europe is fascinating to me. It was neat getting to walk around and look at preserved body parts...albeit them being a tad bit gross.
We then headed towards the huge bus-stop and chilled there for awhile before receiving our tickets for the hop-on hop-off tour, which basically allowed us to travel long distances whenever we wanted for the day. Nate, Jake, Dylan, Honi, Amy, Ed and I all walked around for awhile trying to find the darn Hard-Rock Cafe, only to discover that it was way too expensive for all of our budgets. We then walked for awhile before hopping onto a bus and relaxing while looking at all of the awesome sites around. We decided that we would eat pizza (yes I know I've been eating a lot of pizza lately) at this neat place that caught our attention due to the following sign.
Ed and I split the pizza shown above, which had haggis and feta cheese on it. It filled us up and was absolutely delicious. Everybody then headed to the candy store and we ended up missing the bus since Nate was getting along with the guy at the counter too well..if you know what I mean. ;) Just kidding! But yeah, we hopped back on and basically traveled across the city of Edinburgh, hopping on and off a few times to check out cool sites. We never actually went inside anything though, since it's all freaking expensive.






We then proceeded to nap for 2-3 hours in an amazing park, which was definitely by far the best nap of the trip. Dylan and I kept throwing sticks at Amy, which was hilarious. We then went back and relaxed for a bit before meeting up again and heading to the Auld Hoose to grab some dinner. We actually met up with John, Kristine and Matt and they joined us as well. It was a fantastic and fun dinner and a great bonding experience haha. We all agreed that we have to go to karaoke Wednesday night, no matter what. It shall happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment