Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 11

Today was very tiring since I didn't really sleep much - however, it was pretty nice sleeping on the long bus-ride to Dover. On the way there, Jacqueline pulled some cards out and we played some games that I forgot the names of. Once we got there, Nate, Jake, Dylan and I went to explore Dover Castle! Nate and I, as roommates, both decided to get a kids meal at the store and I ended up carrying it around everywhere because there are literally no trashcans anywhere. ANYWHERE.


We basically walked around the entire castle and had a blast doing so. We acted like little girls and took selfies and pictures of us every single place we went though. Once we got to the actual castle, we got split up and Jake and I found ourselves on the roof without them. :( Luckily, we had Amy and Honi there to take a picture of us!

After that, we went inside a little museum that they had and then headed back to the bus. We next headed to Canterbury Cathedral, but we stopped by the beach on the way there. Those 5 minutes were simply marvelous, I am telling you. Once we got to Canterbury Cathedral, we all split up for a while. Dylan got his contact stuck inside of his eyelid, so that was interesting. Dylan, Jake, Nate, Jeff and I all went to a pub and had something to eat. I only had a bowl of chips, or fries, though. Seeing the Cathedral was amazing! You can't see anything like it back in America since it truly is part of history. I then met up with Rachael and people and we checked out gift-shops before heading back to the bus for the long-ride home.




I love how Ed totally photo-bombed my picture of the cathedral...darn you Ed! And Jacqueline is looking mightily beautiful up there as well.
Anyway, after getting back, the guys and I tried to get off in Chinatown to get some grub, but totally missed the stop because we're lame. Instead, we ended up going to eat Chinese food around the corner and everybody discovered that I cannot use chopsticks at all. At all. That was basically it! We stayed in and relaxed for the night in preparation for the weekend ahead.







No comments:

Post a Comment