Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 17

Today was the day we left London! It was full of mixed emotions. I was, for one, glad to be leaving since I was totally exhausted and was looking forward to the nice long bus-ride. On the other hand, I was sad because London was full of such great memories that I shall cherish forever. FOREVER.
The bus ride lasted about 3 hours and I basically slept and stared out the window the entire time.

We then arrived in Stratford Upon Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare himself. That's right folks, THE Shakespeare indeed. That's pretty funny, because the place that we stayed at was actually called The Shakespeare as well...and I got to room with Nate again! Party~.
Once we got there, we all dispersed and I headed out with Ellyse, Jacqueline, Chris, Haley and I believe Cat. We ended up going to a magic shop and then eating breakfast at this place. I saw a cat and it actually let me pet it. I almost died because of that amazing experience! Oh yeah, and Chris found a hair in his food after he'd already eaten about half of it. Crazy stuff!
We then proceeded to a rabbit store where everybody went off on their own and left me, but where I actually met up with Ed and Katherine and proceeded to explore with them. We ended up finding a lame mall, a store literally called Old Guys, and then miraculously meeting up with Jake, Nate and Dylan after they all had real English breakfasts. We went and explored the area, found the river, explored the river, climbed trees, and altogether had a blast.




We then proceeded to grab some of Stratfords "famous" ice-cream, which was actually pretty darn good. The toilet here was interesting as well - there was even an extra seat for someone to sit and chat with you while you go about your business!

After this, we ended up going to our rooms and literally passing out for a couple hours. Beforehand, however, Dylan tried to hang out with us and Nate ended up whining until we got to sleep. This did not occur until after Dylan returned with breaking news though - apparently Greg had locked himself in the bathroom and couldn't get out. Yes, locked himself IN the bathroom. :P
After awakening from this, we just went out for dinner and ended up going with Honi and Amy to eat. 
We then all proceeded to the Shakespeare theatre, where we saw a VERY interesting rendition of As You Like It. Ed and I actually got to talking to some interesting theater majors from a religious school in Massachusetts. It was cool because Jacqueline and Jacqueline sat next to each other as well. Oh, and Ellyse and Jen were there too. :) 
 After this, we all decided that we just wanted to go home and crash. Apparently, Nate tried really hard to not wake me up and succeeded, thankfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment