Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 20

Today, I ended up waking up pretty late due to losing my dad's alarm clock (sorry dad, I love you!). Therefore, I did not go on the hike to the top of the mountain along with Jake, Nate, Dylan and Jeff. Instead, I met up with Ed, Honi and Amy and we decided we would go to The Elephant House, which is where J.K. Rowling first thought up the idea of Harry Potter! Brandon ended up meeting up with us and then we all headed there. I ordered Ceyanne tea and a panini, both of which were absolutely excellent. The presentation for everything was amazing as well. Oh yeah, and along the way I also tried my very first Irn-Bru, which was like a soda but even better.



We then decided to go check out the shopping center and headed that way. The girls decided to go shopping and us guys split up with them, instead wandering about the city. We saw the castle and I instantly decided that we had to go and see it up-close...so we did. We ended up going through a neat-looking graveyard where the inventor of logarithms was buried, and then took a trail that led us straight up to the castle. Once there, we walked around and checked out all of the shops.



I found out that I am from a Scottish clan and decided that I would, no matter what, find something with Thompson on it for a souvenir. This took a while, but eventually, after checking out about 20 shops, I decided to buy a cool shot-glass. We also walked by the Whisky place! We then grabbed some really cheap pizza at this small shop and headed back to meet up with Honi and Amy. We all walked back to the dorms, took a couple hour break, and then headed out to the student bar once again. Honi, Amy, Dylan and I all went to this great and pretty cheap pizza place for dinner beforehand. It was fantastic!
We then headed to the student bar and met up with Ed and Mary, soon after followed by Jake and Nate. We basically just chilled here for the rest of the night before meeting up with some locals who led everybody to a club. Since we weren't dressed correctly, Nate, Dylan and I all decided to head back and passed out as soon as we got home. It was another pretty awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment